- Rewind – Life unfortunately doesn’t have a rewind button. Nevertheless, you get to decide when to take action to rewind and start again. Whether it be that you are starting a new chapter in your life or leaving one behind, recognise what is important to you and take time to put your needs first; this will allow you to be aware of your surroundings and overcome barriers and distractions that are holding you back from what you are hoping to achieve.
Other methods that can help you unwind:
- Breathing exercises.
- Write down your thoughts.
- Listen to relaxing music.
- Art therapy.
- Spa day.
- Spend time in nature.
2. Relax – Life can get hectic at times, that is why it’s important to take time to relax. Relaxation techniques can help to reduce stress symptoms and help you enjoy a better quality of life.
Visualisation technique – try imagining mental images to take a visual journey to a peaceful, calming place or situation.
Autogenic technique – use both visual imagery and body awareness to reduce stress. You can try to repeat words or suggestions in your mind that can help you relax and reduce muscle tension.
Progressive muscle technique – focus on slowly tensing and then relaxing each muscle group.
3. Re-boot, it is never too late to be what you might have been. — George Eliot. Ask yourself what you really want to accomplish and log this in your journal to keep track of your progress. Practising mindfulness can help identify which thoughts bring you peace and tranquillity; Get to know who you are now and look forward to who you’re becoming, this method allows you to reboot and shape your lifestyle.
Download the Calm app – Calm is free to download and includes a collection of meditations, Sleep Stories, mindfulness tools, nature scenes, music for focus, relaxation and sleep.
We hope you are now feeling refreshed, today is a new day.